Five Reasons for Light Posting at the Moment:
- The Orioles are in first place and I don’t want to jinx it. Dangit, I may have messed it up already…
- I am still mourning the last flight of the Space Shuttle
- My son loaded Angry Birds in Space on my phone
- I found out there were things wrong on the internet and I am off correcting them all on forums
- My new job has thrown my free time out of balance and I need to get some balance back
Pick anyone you like, but it is mostly the last one.
I walked in the DC MS Society walk this weekend to raise money to fight Multiple Sclerosis and just wanted to post up an inspiration I saw on the walk. A woman with MS who could no longer walk, so she was doing the walk on her scooter. She had a younger lady with her that I assume was her daughter and the two of them always had smiles on their faces, even though they were constantly in trouble on hills far too steep for the scooter, or on trails that the scooter wasn’t meant for. They never quit, they never whined, they just pushed on as far and as fast as they could go. When they hit a down hill the young girl would run behind trying to keep up. They were a team and they were awesome.
In Kurt Vonnegut’s Cats Cradle he describes a perfect pair of people as a duprass, I have no idea how this pair go about their lives normally, but this weekend I looked at them as very good example of what Vonnegut was talking about.